Thursday, February 19, 2009

broken!

This past tuesday we had a first at our house- a broken bone! ( one that required surgery and three pins!) Eric had just arrived home from work and Charlie was on his way to greet him when he fell off the couch and snapped his arm right in half!( yup the couch)  My heart broke when I saw an arm that didn't look like an arm and knew we would be spending the day at the hospital. Charlie was such a trooper and we knew he would be just fine when he started saying,"mom, I'm like Luke Skywalker when he was fighting Darth Vader and got his arm cut off, and the robots fixed it." Yes, he was a true Jedi!He looks as good as he felt!
His broken arm
That bump you see on the right side is not his elbow.... his elbow is in the other side!
We got a smile
after surgery looking a little ghostly!(he was saying the funniest things)

8 comments:

Jules said...

I am SO sorry you guys went through that! I hope Charlie is doing ok...and I hope all of you are surviving the injury! I am going to get on my kids for jumping on the couch. Call me if you need anything!

marnie said...

Oh, Charles! Ouch! We sure hope you are feeling better. What a trooper! The girls were all so concerned about you on Tuesday. However, Lillie did think it was cool that now Charlie has been to the hospital, just like her!

colterhaycock said...

Holy smokes! That looks like it hurt! The last picture is my favorite - he looks like he belongs on the set of Twilight! Hahah - He's so dang cute.

sophie weichers said...

Yikes!! He looks almost as good as I did when I was in the hospital! haha. Hope he is okay! Ill probably be seeing you this weekend Im in the 801. No need to hide your excitement. <3

Whit said...

Bridge that is horrible! He is stinkin tough. I hope that he is doing better. I'm headed out the first weekend in march....I'd love to see you! Miss you guys.

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Oh Chuck! You really are a true Jedi!!! What a trooper.
Seriously that is my worst fear EVER!!!!
So glad he is doing better!

Breklyn said...

Ouch, poor kido and poor Mom! What a trooper - love his comparison to Star Wars - if only we all had such positive attitudes. Hope the recovery is going well...

Julie said...

Oh Charlie! He is a tough guy! I am glad he is feeling better. Tyson will just have to be the one to deal with those kinds of things when we have kids because I probably would have thrown up or something.